1. Get VC's assistant to call hotel and secure an unused meeting room on the conference floor.
(Cost: 2 x $800/day.)
2. Hang signs on room doors that are visible from conference mingling area. (Cost: $180 printing.)
3. Go to Ikea and get stylish furniture delivered, then resell to staff for personal use at 1/2 cost. (Cost: $400 net.)
4. Hang sign in bar window across the street from the hotel entrance. (Cost: 4 x $200/day + $200 printing.)
5. Rent margarita machine and serve up snacks. (Cost: 2 x $1000/day.)
6. Arrange for miscellaneous supplies and labor. (Cost: $800.)
Total cost of stylish side pavilion serving margaritas: $5,980. Compare to $150,000 cost for Web 2.0 platinum sponsorship, which does include a room, furniture, and staff.
This loophole probably never existed before, and undoubtedly will never exist again, so it's worth celebrating on behalf of scrappy entrepreneurs everywhere.